Below are the terms and conditions that apply when booking a reservation with Coastal Home and Villa. After your booking is confirmed, you will receive a Guest Rental Agreement via email within one (1) business day that must be reviewed, signed, and returned to Coastal Home and Villa within seven (7) days after you receive it.
Initial Deposit. A forty percent (40%) deposit of the total rent amount, plus full payment of the Reservation Fee and any travel insurance premiums (if selected) and any applicable taxes to these amounts, will be required at the time of booking to secure the reservation. Payment shall be made either through check or accepted credit card. Checks must be received within seven (7) days of the booking being made or the reservation will be subject to immediate cancellation. Any payments made by check also require a credit card to be on file for any incidentals incurred. CHV may elect not to accept a check payment in instances where full pre-payment of the reservation would be due upon booking. A thirty-five-dollar ($35.00) fee will apply to any returned checks.
Final Payment. The balance of the remaining total booking amount is due:
- For Villas no later than forty-five (45) days prior to arrival
- For Private Homes no later than sixty (60) days prior to arrival
- For Any Long Term Stay in either a Villa or Private Home greater than twenty-seven (27) days no later than ninety (90) days prior to arrival.
Cancellation Policy. Reservations cancelled by Guest between the booking date and up to the date that the Final Payment is due (the "Cancellation Period") will receive a refund of monies paid, less a cancellation fee equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the Reservation Fee charged plus any applicable paid Travel Protection Plan premiums. Reservations are non-refundable if not cancelled within these Cancellation Periods:
- For Villas - at least forty-five (45) days prior to Guest arrival
- For Private Homes - at least sixty (60) days prior to Guest arrival
- For any Long Term Stay in either a Villa or Private Home, greater than twenty-seven (27) days in length - at least ninety (90) days prior to Guest arrival
Changes to dates and property selection cannot be made within the Cancellation Periods. No refunds will be given for Guest no-shows or early departures. No refunds will be issued for any situation, including evacuations, arising from hurricanes, or other severe weather. Guest is encouraged to review travel insurance options available to them, either offered through CHV, or other providers, that may allow for coverage in these, and other, situations.
Travel Protection Insurance Available. We offer optional travel protection insurance provided through Red Sky Travel Insurance. The premium is calculated at the time of booking and may be optionally added to your reservation up to the final payment date. Details about the coverage and questions concerning Red Sky Travel Insurance can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website www.suntrippreserver.com or by calling Red Sky Travel Insurance at 866-889-7409.
Reservation Corrections. CHV has the right to correct posted rates or availability dates within seventy-two (72) hours of confirming any reservation if the reservation has been inadvertently misquoted due to human or technology error. In these situations, Guest will have the option of cancelling without penalty if they do not wish to accept the amended rate or availability date upon being notified. All rates and fees are quoted in U.S. dollars.
Pools and Hot Tubs. Select private homes have private pools and private hot tubs that are able to be heated seasonally for an additional fee. CHV requires fourteen (14) day advanced notice from Guest to heat these pools and hot tubs. Guest must contact CHV to confirm heating availability and pricing. Guest is advised that jet pumps for hot tubs will not work unless heat is activated.
Rental Policies and Restrictions.
- Check-in Time. Check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the date of arrival. CHV will make every effort to ensure Property is ready by 4pm, but does not guarantee it. Guest acknowledges no adjustment to rent will be given for a delayed check-in time.
- Check-out Time. Check-out time is before 10:00 am on the date of departure. Guest is responsible for securing the doors and windows of the Property, returning all keys and other assigned items to CHV's office upon departure. Late check-outs require CHV approval and may be subject to an additional fee equal to twenty percent (20%) of the Property's daily rate per hour beyond 10:00am.
- Minimum Age to Rent. Guest acknowledges that Guest listed on this Agreement is at least 25 years of age and will personally occupy the Property throughout the term of the rental. If CHV determines that Guest is less than 25 years of age, CHV may, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate the Guest's occupancy, evict the Guest and all of Guest's invitees from the Property and all monies paid by Guest shall be forfeited.
- Occupancy. Occupancy of the Property is limited to the maximum number of persons stated in the Property's description on CHV's website. Private events (including weddings) within the Property must be approved in advance in writing and may require a substantial security deposit.
- All Properties are Non-Smoking. Smoking is not permitted in Property. Guest will be charged a minimum additional fee of five-hundred dollars ($500.00) to cover necessary cleaning expenses. CHV may also elect to terminate the rental without refund, in certain cases.
- Community Restrictions on Vehicles. Guest is advised that for Properties located within Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes, and Shipyard plantations, that vehicles entering these communities may be subject to gate fees and access limitations on the number of vehicles allowed to be parked at the Property. Additionally, motorcycles, campers, trailers, recreational vehicles, and watercraft trailers are prohibited from entering these communities.
You must choose to accept or decline Travel Insurance before submitting booking.